Thursday, May 22, 2008

Reflective Essay




When I knew that we had to write a reflective essay for our last assignment, I immediately thought of a few of the writings that we did, the Camus paper, the college essay, the Joyce paper and the research paper. My mind told me that there are more writings, so I tried to remember. But I failed to remember all, because I did the most writings in this year than my other years in high school. Certainly, I feel proud because I know I’ve definitely improved.

Before starting this assignment, a couple scenes of me being in the class arose in my mind. Almost everyday I came to English class with a heavy backpack, a purple binder which has a composition book inserted in its pocket and a heart ready for Mr. G’s overacting and surprises. Seating in a crowded class, I felt insignificant, but tried my best to concentrate. I know that the notes from Mr. G and comments from classmates would help clarifying my misunderstandings, so I focused on taking notes, especially for Joyce’s “A Portrait of the artist as a young man”.

I did not start off the year with a solid thesis, good evidences and an active tone. Even though I was sure that I did put efforts in all my papers, my papers were always vague. I did not know how to be specific. It was when we had to write our college essays, I started to panic, because I really wanted to do well but I lack the confidence. Happily, Mr. G showed us model college essays and created his seven guild lines for writing the college essay. “Be personal and concrete” was what I followed through my entire essay. And I certainly “include anecdotes” when I was writing. I realized that being specific was basically giving details clearly.

I improved in being detailed when we had to describe the 1000 words for only one painting. Indubitably, I was startled after I heard about the assignment, knowing that I have never described anything for more than 500 words. As Mr. G calmed us by saying “A good painting can worth a thousand words”, I only picture how I would fall into sleep while doing the assignment.

Sitting in front of my computer, worried and helpless, I took a glance at the painting and only saw a man in red, a horse, a few trees and a few boats on the sea. I doubted that if I can really finish the assignment; I even started comforting myself by thinking that a 15 out of 20 would not be so bad. And I finally get my self started. In the process of noticing the order of what my eyes see, and thinking of color, space and dimension, I let myself free write as much as I can. Surprised by myself, I had already done a few chunks of paragraphs after the free write. For the first time, I successfully described a painting in details. Later, I connected the painting with its title and my theory to develop the thesis. And I drew my conclusion lastly to make my assignment up to a thousand and twenty-five words. Relieved, I eventually went to sleep.

As the year progresses, my thesis started to be solidified, my evidences became specific, and my tone was more active. I believe the analysis of Page 9 of A Humument is my best analytical essay in the year. I focused on my thesis and backed it with fine explanations. It was also interesting that I had to come up with a reasonable explanation for each of the images and sentences on the page. By doing that, I learned that nothing is stupid if you have your argument point with good evidences.

This year, I put the most focus in English than I had ever before, not just because I had the most assignments, but also because I had the most interest in English. I was not just given books to read and essays to write; I was exposed to many kinds of art and literature. I saw the performance of Ted Berrigan on Red Sift, Ferrini’s movie in Charles Olson, the ballet performance of Ophelia’s death and Mr.G’s over acting. I also read the most possibly bazaar reading, “The Stranger”, the most possibly difficult reading “A portrait of the artist as a young man” and the most possibly powerful tragedy, “Hamlet”. Loving art myself, I wish I’ll be able to see art again in literature, which would make me enjoy learning English.

46 comments:

Shuyi G 6 said...

I've never thought of having such a powerful and entertaining English class in high school. Mr. Gallagher, thank you for making it happened. ^^

心痛 said...

笑口常開~~天天開心.........................

睡衣 said...

Since it is the early worm that gets eaten by the bird, sleep late.............................................

微笑每一天 said...

乳交挑逗淫婦色情俱樂部成人色情成人影片視訊網愛聊天室免費色情網情色區火辣美女情色性愛成人影音聊天成人色情網站全裸美女圖片成人裸照sex辣妹裸體美女全裸圖成人區av女情色內容情色自拍貼圖成人色情網性愛論壇一對多性伴侶成人聊天室撫摸淫美成人論壇女人奶頭女生自慰影片台灣女優美女視訊一絲不掛一夜正妹成人影像巨乳大奶子情色性愛貼圖情色王國做愛視訊火辣情色台灣情色網情色聊天網性愛技巧淫娃情色成人巨乳辣妹性愛知識性經驗

志義 said...

TAHNKS FOR YOUR SHARING~~~VERY NICE ........................................

仁南 said...

how do u do?................................................................

瓊慧 said...

Hello~Nice to meet you~..................................................

水憲妤慧 said...

人間好話,要如海綿遇水牢牢吸住......................................................

佑英 said...

影音視訊fm358視訊美女聊天室戀愛ing聊天室視訊網愛免費影片分享視訊聊天交友elove無碼av女優,av成人網,台灣kiss情色貼圖彩虹情人視訊彩虹情人視訊交友網後宮視訊ol制服美女影片視訊交友cleansing78論壇av短片-免費a片情色自拍貼圖片區後宮電影院 色情影片後宮電影院 色情影片視訊聊天室h片影片線上倉井空jp成人免費電影影片網後宮電影網愛 聊天室網愛 聊天室視訊 美女視訊 美女視訊做愛視訊做愛性愛 聊天室性愛 聊天室

欣幸 said...

本土天堂自拍台灣夫妻自拍做愛自拍照片打炮自拍貼圖夫妻自拍片免費線上直播片銀赫歐美av線上歐美av線上看歐美女自慰歐美成人女星歐美成人片女星歐美成人免費線上歐美成人情色歐美色情圖貼歐美免費成人電影歐美免費成人影片觀看歐美免費自拍歐美免費做愛片歐美免費情色影片模特兒平台標題樣?嫚雪兒免費小說影片avi影片a直播影片下?影片分享fuck影片成人片影片成人免費凹凸色色卡通圖片免費即時通視訊成人論壇巨乳

家祥皇雯 said...

成人色情圖片激情聊天室火辣美眉520sex赤裸美女成人自拍貼圖18限性影片觀賞av色情影音聊天手淫激情成人聊天室成人色情圖片網sex520自拍走光照片淫慾18禁成人影音聊天美女台灣性網限制級女生手淫成人聊天春宮裙底風光情趣丁字褲極度震撼情色論壇露點成人視訊聊天avlive show愛愛明星露點台灣色情網站自慰少婦成人聊天網美女視訊成人頻道人妻熟女蕩婦一對多激情成人色情聊天室av成人上空秀巨奶視訊網愛聊天室一夜正妹色情貼片一對多免費美女視訊粉紅乳頭作愛影片美女聊天sexy成人色情圖片網女人胸部圖片視訊色情情色網站性關係辣妹聊天室大奶子

SungR_Auclair0佳亦 said...

大奶妹貼圖區0204性影片觀賞露點自拍淫婦女生如何自慰色情站成人笑話av激情網愛視訊美女淫蕩av成人色情電話辣妹視訊聊天性關係情色vcd自慰圖淫美成人論壇台灣色情論壇成人聊天室自拍裸女貼圖視訊成人免費a片影片av成人網成人色情色情台灣辣妹小穴太太陰毛色情訊息裸女自拍色情影片a片論壇性愛技巧美女脫胸罩情色天堂av寫真色情視訊聊天做愛視訊成人影片床上戲情色聊天網火辣情色台灣女優性愛秘笈台灣av女優手淫自慰影片

JeanBrian8544 said...

秋去冬來~~大家要注意身體,別感冒囉!........................................

嵇ImogeneL_Spielman said...

無一事而不學,無一時而不學,無一處而不學。.............................................

韋于倫成 said...

仇恨是一把雙刃劍,傷了別人,也傷了自己..................................................

CharitaA_Reese said...

黑色豪門企業綜合娛樂論壇 ez洪爺的家 嘟嘟情人色網dvd hot辣妺視訊網 限制性漫畫 一夜情人視訊 av1688大天使娛樂網 bt成人網 go2av成人聊天室 免費a長片線上看,女優影片 無碼 av影片 美眉 美女 聊天室 遊戲區 18成人http 17hi tw 情色聊天 百分百貼圖區亞洲avdvd 免費視訊聊天mm17i 情色a片 88天下淫書,少年阿賓系列小說,中文情色文學小說 0401線上影城 視訊做愛 杜蕾斯成人 亞洲辣妹妹影音視訊聊天室 美女聊天室 麗的情色小遊戲 韓劇人妻的秘密85cc影城 playboy國際中文網 免費影音視訊hibb 6k情人網暗戀視訊 免費視訊4h 無碼av女優微風成人區 甜心寶貝直播貼片aio交友愛情館 xvediox免費影片 視訊交友520show net 視訊美女聊天 kk 台灣kiss911h影片線上a片 aaaa 片俱樂部 2girl女子拉拉學園 av168成人網 辣妹影片直播台南援交友留言 omyga美色女影城 go2av免費影片情色 網站 ut聊天室kww 情人視訊高雄網 性行為補給站 後宮視訊聊天網 網愛mmshow 主播情人視訊情色交友 104愛戀速配網 視訊美女聊天室 免費色咪咪影片網 兼職援交 影音視訊聊天室dudu sex

政弘 said...

What must be must be.......................................................

家JeneeHazelwood0424愛 said...

Better say nothing than nothing to the purpose...................................................

burkere said...

you always know the right thing to say!............................................................

建宏建宏 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.................................................................

淑慧 said...

好的blog需要我們一起努力!.................................................................

慧君 said...

光這幾句話就價值連城了,讀著讀著小弟的眼眶就濕了... .................................................................

黃佳伸 said...

感謝您寫下您的生活,也是把珍寶來和諸君分享的心意。.................................................................

李哲維 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。......................................................................

江婷 said...

君子立恆志,小人恆立志。.................................................................                           

于庭 said...

一個人的價值,應該看他貢獻了什麼,而不是他取得了什麼............................................................

李李淑博淑林嘉宏真 said...

當一個人內心能容納兩樣相互衝突的東西,這個人便開始變得有價值了。............................................................

玉婷良DGFHFJ瑋黃吳 said...

It takes all kinds to make a world.............................................................

峻帆峻帆峻帆 said...

憤怒,是片刻的瘋狂。..................................................

許紀廷 said...

希望我的支持可以帶給你快樂--加油.............................................................

婷珊 said...

這個部落格好好好~棒棒棒~~~............................................................

劉耀德劉耀德 said...

只有尋常才幹,但具有不尋常恆心的人,一切皆可獲取................................................

姿柯瑩柯dgdd憶曾g智曾 said...

友誼能增進快樂,減少痛苦............................................................

莊雅和莊雅和莊雅和 said...

讚啦~~多謝分享!!>ˍ<............................................................

陳韋夏陳韋夏益東富益東富 said...

永遠不要躊躇伸出你的手。也永遠不要躊躇接受別人伸出的手。.................................................................

RicoLisi0802志竹 said...

良言一句三冬暖,惡語傷人六月寒。......................................................................

嘉王偉 said...

感謝您寫下您的生活,也是把珍寶來和諸君分享的心意。 ............................................................

家唐銘 said...

Poverty tries friends.............................................................

黃子黃麗旺軒 said...

財富並非永遠的朋友,但朋友卻是永遠的財富。......................................................................

家唐銘 said...

雖天地之大,萬物之多,而惟吾蜩翼之知。..................................................

童建李宜昌智 said...

Many a true word is spoken in jest..................................................................

佳幸雨幸雨幸雨俐 said...

河水永遠是相同的,可是每一剎那又都是新的。..................................................

tongtong said...

愛情是一種發明,需要不斷改良。只是,這種發明和其他發明不一樣,它沒有專利權,隨時會被人搶走。.................................................................

璇陳陳陳竹 said...

時間可證明一切~你的BLOG是我覺得不賴的............................................................

立和辛和胡辛和辛偉 said...

噴泉的高度,不會超過它的源頭。一個人的事業也是如此,它的成就絕不會超過自己的信念。........................................ ........................

孫邦柔 said...

要繼續發好文喔^^加油!...............................................